Modifying Samba to skip file system reads for IOZONE READ
capps at iozone.org
Sat Oct 29 16:59:46 GMT 2005
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Allison" <jra at samba.org>
To: "Iozone" <capps at iozone.org>
Cc: "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org>; "Richard Sharpe"
<rsharpe at richardsharpe.com>; <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>; "Jeremy
Allison" <jra at samba.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: Modifying Samba to skip file system reads for IOZONE READ
> By all means add this as an option (even the default if you wish)
> but at least allow people to select the old behaviour. If you
> caused me to have to regenerate a 2 petabyte file each time I
> did a test on server code I *know* is clean I'd be quite cross
> with you.
The next release of Iozone (3.254) will offer:
1. Sharpe hack is disabled for 0xa5 capture. Default
pattern now follows Iozone version.
2. -+Z option enables usage of old (0xa5) data set.
3. -+X option enables fixed 0xbb data set, for short circuit testing
by filesystem developers.
4. Built-in help has been updated.
5. Runtime messages have been updated.
6. New options available in single and multi-node modes.
The new release will become available within 24 hours, on
the Iozone web site.
More information about the samba-technical