-DNO_LDAP_SECURITY

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Oct 29 00:47:11 GMT 2005

On Friday 28 October 2005 18:41, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> There was a discussion on IRC about what the 'NO_LDAP_SECURITY' #ifndef
> in smbldap.c was about.
>
> I figured it was worth clarifying for the list:
>
> In testing Samba3, I did a lot of work as non-root, with Samba3 run from
> inetd into my own user account.  This allowed easier access with gdb,
> and tested the same code we have elsewhere to determine non-root
> behaviours.  (This we require for the build farm, for example).

I figured it was the left-over of some debugging work that was not cleaned up.

Thanks for the clarification.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
Other books in production.