SYN/ACK delays and 139/445

Fri Oct 28 07:13:12 GMT 2005

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 11:52:52AM +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Other comments: (mostly minor!)

Fine with them.

>  - why pre-declare prototypes for connect_multi_connect_handler() and
>    connect_multi_fire_next()? Might be better to just put the _send()
>    and _recv() functions at the bottom of the file.

This is sort of "my" style of doing composite stuff. When browsing through
libcli/smb_composite/connect.c the order in which stuff appears in the file has
no correlation to the sequence of events time-wise. connect_tcon is above
connect_session_setup. To get an overview of what is happening in a composite
function I like to read that from top to bottom, in connect.c I always have to
make a concious step that "composite_tcon" means that a tcon has just happened.
It just does not feel as natural to me as for example reading
init_domain_recv_lsa in winbind/init_domain.c

This might be just taste, but for the potentially more complex composite
sequences in winbind it's sort of important for me.

Volker