SYN/ACK delays and 139/445

Wed Oct 26 19:16:40 GMT 2005

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 12:30:40PM +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
>  1) use 'struct socket_context' instead of 'struct smbcli_socket' in
>     this code, thus making it usable for all protocols, allowing us to
>     have one lump of async socket connect code, instead of more than
>     one. In line with this, rename the functions to:
>
>       struct composite_context *socket_connect_multi_send(const char *address,
> 	                                                  int *ports,
>                                                           struct event_context *event_ctx);

That does not really work. socket_connect() receives a struct socket_context
argument, the initialized socket. To open multiple sockets at that abstraction
level we need a number of those. But then we need to know about the kind of
socket. We could restrict this to SOCK_STREAM socket types and receive and
argument whether we're "ipv4" or "ipv6". I don't really see how this can fit
into the general abstraction of sockets, sending out multiple connects is
really only for over-the-network sockets. It is not appropriate for UDP and
unix domain sockets, so putting it a layer above it seems more appropriate.

Maybe metze might comment on this? I think the socket code is his.

Volker