32-bit and 64-bit nss_winbind.so on Solaris 10

Maximilian Kolmhuber mk at digitalventure.de
Tue Oct 25 12:05:46 GMT 2005

On Solaris 10 in 64-bit mode, gcc (3.4.4) returns the following sizes:

sizeof(char) = 1
sizeof(int) = 4
sizeof(long) = 8
sizeof(long long) = 8

The only change that I can see is that the size of long has changed from
4 to 8 bytes ...

Changing the data type from int to int32 in nsswitch/winbindd_nss.h will
probably not fix the problem.

Modifying nsswitch/winbindd_nss.h as follows allows me to at least run
the 32-bit and the 64-bit winbindd simultaneously, but does not appear
to me to be an optimal solution, since it requires two winbindd
processes to be running:

#ifdef _LP64                                     /* 64-bit gcc */
#define WINBINDD_SOCKET_NAME "pipe64"            /* Name of PF_UNIX
socket */
#else
#define WINBINDD_SOCKET_NAME "pipe"              /* Name of PF_UNIX
socket */
#endif

Where else could the problem lie?

Cheers,