Urgent Help required

Sapna Alva salva at audible.com
Wed Oct 19 20:11:14 GMT 2005

Hello Team,

I am sorry to mail you directly, but I see that there are many threads
posted in the samba mailing lists for this problem I have enclosed in the
mail below, but there were no responses for any.

I came across one such thread
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2000-August/009191.html,
where you asked the person to get in touch with you after a while. Hence
kindly let me know if there is any solution for this at all.

In brief: I have an NT4.0 PDC and my Samba server is a domain member. Samba
version is 3.0.14a and it's running on a Solaris 10 host. Cups 1.1.21 is
used for printing I have set the SECURITY= Domain. But my error log shows
the following error:

[2005/10/19 15:31:20, 0]
passdb/smbpassfile.c:get_trust_account_password(202)

  get_trust_account_password: Malformed trust password file (wrong length -
was 0, should be 45).

[2005/10/19 15:31:20, 0] passdb/smbpassfile.c:trust_get_passwd(294)

  domain_client_validate: unable to read the machine account password for
machine WNJPRT in domain PAPERCLIP.

[2005/10/19 15:31:20, 1] smbd/password.c:pass_check_smb(500)

  Couldn't find user 'salva' in smb_passwd file.

The file *.mac doesn't get created in /usr/local/samba/private folder. And
also when I connect from a Window PC it never accepts my username password

I used the "net join" command to add the system to the domain.

When I use the "Security = Server" in the smb.conf, the clients are able to
connect, but all the other above mentioned problems still persist.

Please help with your valuable inputs, as I am stuck with the
implementation. It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Regds

Sapna

  _____