Conditionally start nmbd?

S Murthy Kambhampaty smk_va at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 23:58:35 GMT 2005

--- "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> wrote:

> S Murthy Kambhampaty wrote:
> | The attached patch modifies the start and stop
> | functions to skip nmbd if smb.conf has "disable
> | netbios = Yes".  It relies on testparm to clean up
> | case and whitespace, translate booleans, etc. to
> | create an exact string match.
> |
> | Tested to work on FC4.  Please consider applying
> for
> | the the next release.
>
> Makes sense to me.  Will be in 3.0.21.

Thanks.  I wondered if the group would have a problem
with the "if COMMAND; then" construct and the hack for
setting RETVAL2, so I prepared a version that's
perhaps clearer (and more Fedora-like), if less
concise ... attached.  (The test is also a bit more
strict in this new version - only the global section
from testparm output is tested for "netbios disabled =
Yes").

Cheers,
   Murthy

Yahoo! Music Unlimited