samba .20 and quotas

Thomas Bork tombork at web.de
Wed Oct 12 00:17:46 GMT 2005

Thomas Bork wrote:

> I would be very proud to see the tab "Quota" on a mapped network drive
> at all ;)

OK, got it.
If connecting the share 'public' (path /public) to WinXP-SP2 drive Z as
admin user, I can see the tab "Quota" (Kontingent) and can reproduce the
smbd crash.

If connecting the share 'public' (path /public) to WinXP-SP2 drive Z as
normal user, I cannot see the tab "Quota" (Kontingent) - ok.

Before I tried that:
If connecting the share 'public' (path /public) to WinXP-SP2 drive Z as
normal user, starting explorer with 'run as' as admin user, I cannot see
the tab "Quota" (Kontingent).

der tom