Domain name string in SMB Negotiate Protocol Response always
Adurrani at JPSHealth.org
Tue Oct 4 16:42:47 GMT 2005
I have been trying to troubleshoot a retransmission issue on my network
with Microsoft SMB and TDS protocols. Here is what I see,
1. For every 10 packets of TDS and SMB protocols I see 2 packets
retransmitted with pretty much a pattern.
2. I do see Flag2 on my sniffer traces as Unicode String in both
Negotiate Protocol and AndX Response frames.
3. I also see that every other Response frame is marked as
"Response to an unknown frame" and responses are retransmitted the
second response seems to be valid though.
4. I have completely isolated an XP machine with a win2K3 server
and it shows the same behavior
5. Any input or guidance will be greatly appreciated
Adurrani at JPSHEALTH.ORG
This electronic transmission and any attached files are intended solely for the person or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use, including taking any action concerning this information by anyone other than the named recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete the original message from your system.
More information about the samba-technical