Pls help!! SMB Timestamp

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Nov 30 22:04:30 GMT 2005

Chris,

 > The SystemTimeLow and SystemTimeHigh fields are explained here:
 >
 >   http://ubiqx.org/cifs/SMB.html#SMB.6.3

It really is just a single 64 bit little endian number. The split into
2x32bit elements in a structure was only because in the past Samba has
not wanted to assume that all systems we build on support a 64 bit
integer type.

The conversion constant in the above reference is correct, but it
ignores rounding. In Samba we add 5x10^6 to the number before scaling
it to seconds and subtracting the constant so that we round in the
same way windows does.

Cheers, Tridge