svn commit: samba r11928 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/auth/kerberos: .

Sun Nov 27 08:25:41 GMT 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 07:21:47PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> That would require re-implementing (or calling into) the DNS lookup code
> etc.  Now, it's probably a good extension, but hooking directly into
> send_to_kdc() was easy as a first step.

Yes, true. But when using the dsr_getdcname routine we don't need to lookup
using DNS at all, "our" DC has done it for us. And if we do the DNS stuff on
our own, we have much better control over the async-ness.

Volker