Problem with explicit logon_path in pdb_ldap

Fri Nov 25 21:13:14 GMT 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 04:56:06PM +0100, Ingo Steuwer wrote:

> OK, don't get me wrong on that. I'm perfectly happy to have this
> configurable, but I think it is generally problematic to have those changes
> in a minor release. This is not because we use these expansions in ldap, but
> we don't know what other users (i.e. our customers) do.

My problem is that we will probably not have anything but minor point releases
for quite a while, see the change from 3.0.14a to 3.0.20. I find it difficult
to accept that this argument will bind us to broken behaviour for a really long
time.

Volker