Problem with explicit logon_path in pdb_ldap

Fri Nov 25 08:25:20 GMT 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 07:35:16AM +0100, Ingo Steuwer wrote:
> Changing the default behavior, especially on this old and itensiviely used
> feature and between two minor releases, will confuse the user. There are too
> many of them who do not read changelogs.

You are relying on %-expansion in explicitly set ldap attributes? I can see
that for the parameters logon path etc when no explicit attribute is set. But
putting %u into an explicitly set attribute stretches it a bit in particular as
clients also have variables that start with %.

> Wouldn't it easier and more flexible to introduce an escape for "%", i.e.
> "%%"?
>
> The example would expand to:
>
> sambaProfilePath: \\SERVER\User$\Profile\V%%G_osver%%
>
> so it will also be possible to set
>
> sambaProfilePath: \\SERVER\%U\Profile\V%%G_osver%%

No, I don't think this is right. I would like to slowly but steadily converge
to NT4 behaviour, in particular in migration scenarios you can not go through
the possibly very many users.

Volker