SAMBA_4_0: configure warning/error on Solaris 9

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 24 10:40:59 GMT 2005

Hi Folks,

I used an svn checkout to pull a copy of the SAMBA_4_0 branch yesterday
afternoon. I came to try and build it on Solaris 9 this morning, and got
the following messages from a plain "./configure.developer":

[...]
checking configure summary... yes
LIBS: -lsocket-lnsl
configure: WARNING: the global $LIBS variable contains some libraries!
configure: WARNING: this should not happen, please report to samba-technical at lists.samba.org!
configure: error: only _EXT macros from aclocal.m4 should be used!

I'd expect Solaris to need "-lsocket -lnsl" in the link phase of code
that uses the sockets API, but the Samba build system apparently doesn't
want them adding in the way that they are currently cropping up ...

I'm using GNU Autoconf 2.59 and GCC 3.3.5.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                Departmental Computing Manager
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology