Reset connections on zero VC?

Mon Nov 7 17:06:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 10:36:09AM -0600, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> I note that in your fix you've added a boolean smb.conf parameter.  I'd
> suggest making this a per-client-IP or per subnet range feature.

If an admin wants an exemption for a NAT router it's possible to add

include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%I

with 'reset on zero vc = False'. This does not cover the subnet, but it might
give 99% of the functionality really needed.

> If the connection is via NBT, it might be worth-while checking the CALLING
> NAME as well.

I don't want to sound lazy, but NBT is used less and less, and I want this
piece of code be simple. We could add quite a number of checks, in particular
after the session setup has been done, but this is not what Windows does.

Volker