Could someone put a pointer to dbench on samba.org

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Nov 1 18:46:52 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 01:47:08PM -0500, David Collier-Brown wrote:
>  I eventually remembered it was at ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/tridge/dbench,
> but creating a link from the Development page tool section
> would be kind.
>
> --dave (doing some performance tests) c-b

Hey Dave, any chance of testing out the latest code in SAMBA_3_0
with Volker's new open file and oplock changes ? I'd be really
interested to know if they've improved or impaired performance
on a larger system. There is also a compile-time tweak of the hash
table size I've added in include/local.h (change SMB_OPEN_DATABASE_TDB_HASH_SIZE
to the desired value) to explore if this makes a difference on
systems running with large numbers of open files.

Jeremy.