web server in Samba4

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Tue May 31 07:39:35 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 10:10 +1000, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> The layout I've used is based on the layout from samba.org, using the
> same css files and adapting the same html structures. I've abstracted
> out the forms and menus into server side javascript objects (taking
> advantage of the fact that we have js built into the smbd web
> server). I think to properly support text browsers we'll just need
> some server side code to choose different style sheets and perhaps to
> replace some of the html generation objects with ones tuned for text
> based browsers.

I think we should heavily use a template based system, so that just
changing the template set will give us a different view. This way we can
achive both interoperability with text browsers, but also skins so that
distributions may adapt the aspect of the administration tool to their
other administration tools.

But I think Deryck knows much better then me how to handle this stuff.

Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org
Italian Site  -  http://samba.xsec.it