web server in Samba4

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Sun May 29 18:12:30 GMT 2005

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 07:06:24PM +0200, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> > or be pro-active and let RedHat know that particular application's support
> > isn't up to what is needed by the user: file bugs and feature requests,
>
> Been there, done that, that's proved to be useless. There's no way Red
> Hat's going to add or change features in current Enterprise releases,
> thousands have tried already. RH only issues bugfixes and stability mods
> for current Enterprise releases.
I'm not talking about _current_ releases. It was good time to push changes
last summer while preparations for RHEL4 were still active, where all
complains were? It is rhetorical question, of course.

> > use whatever is valid within your existing subscription. Keeping silence
> > doesn't help at all.
>
> No use, and you obviously don't understand how Red Hat Enterprise works.
> RH will give support on what it's already issued for Enterprise
> releases, it will not give any support whatsoever on what it hasn't
> issued - and I don't blame it, for that matter.
You wrong guessing my skills, obviously. :-) As far as Samba concerned, I
don't blame RedHat -- I simply use different environment to accomplish
what is required.

> In the mean time, apparently RHAS/RHEL4 apparently supports gnutls as
> well as the Openssl stuff, so this is where my contribution to this
> thread ends; over and out.
Yes, it is apparent that you didn't check existing situation before
starting this discussion.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Samba Team                      http://www.samba.org/