svn commit: samba r7025 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: lib tdb

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 27 19:12:55 GMT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 03:03:35PM -0400, derrell at samba.org wrote:

> On second thought, 10 is way too small.  In an application that had a timer
> signal occurring once per second, and a satellite link with as much as a 20
> second delay, this could error out before the packet even had time to arrive.
> I'm going to change it to 100 which should be adequate in all but the most
> egregious signal-offensive application, yet small enough that we don't loop
> forever if lots of interrupts are occurring.

Remember, sys_read doesn't return on EINTR (it already catches and
takes care of that case) so it's not generic signals we're worried
about here, it's only EAGAIN, which should be a very rare case - in
fact it should only happen on non-blocking sockets with no data.

Do you have any test cases of this happening btw ?

Jeremy.