net rpc vampire performance

Ingo Steuwer steuwer at univention.de
Fri May 27 16:25:31 GMT 2005

Am Freitag, 27. Mai 2005 17:56 schrieb Jim McDonough:

> While it makes it more flexible, I think only producing some kind of
> "generic" output makes it less likely that it would get used.  Better
> perhaps is offering multiple formats.  Don should be posting some code
> soon, but I think you'll find that it won't be hard to make multiple output
> formats.

I wouldn't expect that many people will use a somehow site-specific
ldif-output. I can see how you figure out which base-DN you can use and where
to store users, groups and computers. But how do you handle existing
users/groups, how can you specifiy additional options (objectclasses like
posix or kerberos), how can I sort my large database in several containers?
Do you handle merging of existing and new accounts (which means you'd need to
contact ldap)?

Greetings
Ingo Steuwer

--
Ingo Steuwer       steuwer at univention.de         fon: +49 421 22 232- 0
Entwicklung        Linux for Your Business