Current ideas on kerberos requirements for Samba4

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at Sun.COM
Fri May 27 06:16:12 GMT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 01:06:55AM -0500, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 08:00:18AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> > so the design would be like this:
> >
> > [wire] -> [samba socket lib] -> [samba kdc server service] -> [KDC library]
> > [wire] <- [samba socket lib] <- [samba kdc server service] <- [KDC library]
>
> I suppose I don't mind a "KDC library too much..." but, methinks that this
> is going too far.  My first reaction, really, is "ick."

BTW, I think coding services in such a way that they can be made into a
library with ease is a good idea.  But usually existing code has not
been written that way...  I think you'll find the alternative easier to
implement.

What I don't understand is why you want everything in one process --
what's wrong with IPC in this case?

Nico