RE pdb_ldap.c, ldapsam_add_sam_account, existing poxisaccount

John Allman samba.20.kaldorg at spamgourmet.com
Thu May 26 16:51:09 GMT 2005

spu at corman.be wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I re-read the script and the sambasamaccount is only added with -i option.
>
> My position is :
> - I asked the problem in 2004, I a put a BUG. For some reasons, no
> reaction from samba team for this problem.
> - My solution is modify the smbldap-script for add sambasamaccount and
> add a machine on two step, it's work (until today)
>
> add theses lines after the
> if (defined($Options{'i'})) {
>> }
No joy. user_sid is not defined and it craps out when you try and add it
without specifying a value. for -i it's already in the ldap database and
gets the sid from there. we'd have to make it to add it here. If it's
the normal way we'd have to grab the unix uid, multiply it by two, add
1000 and append that number to the end of the domain sid. I dont
understand how this has been working for you...

John