Samba file transfer problem.

Vijaykumar Patwari vijaykumar.patwari at wipro.com
Thu May 26 16:02:10 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I'm a new bee to this.  I have samba-client version 3.0.9-2.1.5. I'm
trying to put some files into samba shares by using `smbclient` utility.

My current location has two files i.e "aaa.txt" and "Aaa.txt". Using
`smbclient` commandline utility, i'm able to put file "aaa.txt" into
some share properly, but when i try to put "Aaa.txt" into same share
location, it show status as transfer complete, but when I actually
browsed to that location and check for the file, it does not exists i.e
"Aaa.txt" file does not exists, i can see only "aaa.txt". Below is the
output of commandline usage,

smb: \ss\> put aaa.txt
putting file aaa.txt as \ss\aaa.txt (0.0 kb/s) (average 0.0 kb/s)
smb: \ss\> put Aaa.txt
putting file Aaa.txt as \ss\Aaa.txt (0.0 kb/s) (average 0.0 kb/s)
smb: \ss\>

Would like to know, if this a intended behavior ?  Or a bug ?.

Looks to be a case-sensitive problem, any workaround Or do i need to
apply any patch ?

Also Please include me in CC while reply, as I'm not a subscribed to
this list.

Thanks in advance
Vijay.

Confidentiality Notice