segfaults testing winbindd in trunk

Wed May 25 13:51:08 GMT 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 03:08:33PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Looks like memory corruption to me. Have you tried valgrinding it ?
> We'll need to be careful in ensuring this new code is safe.

Yes. Valgrind will slow it down considerably, but it probably can provide good
hints. What are you doing exactly? Sid2name and name2sid? Or some other
operations? If we know the profile you need exactly, the new architecture
could in theory allow us to fork any number of winbind children per DC, so we
can have for example 10 LSA connections doing lookupsid/name
simultaneously. Dunno whether the DC will handle that, but winbind should not
be a problem anymore.

This is not done yet and right now nothing more than a wild idea.

Volker