vfs open/close

Julien Thomas omnikron at free.fr
Wed May 25 07:24:50 GMT 2005

Hi samba internals,

As you know... i am playing with vfs modules to get some statistics of
the connections to our samba server (number of connections, time).

We have some applications shared by samba that users can lunch. My boss
requested me to be capable of know how many time a user lunch these
applications. So I think use open/close vfs ops : keep the time_t on an
open operation, same with a close operation, and calculate the
difference between the two.

The trouble is that on a same connection, when the user do many open of
an application, I can't know which close op is linked with which open
op... This should be not a problem if I could link an open with his
close using something such as an id.

So, could you help me ? Is there a way to do this properly ? I hope !
Don't hesitate to tell me if you don't understand... and so I will write
  again and better, because it is very important for me.

Thanks

--
Julien