rpcclient used to support Windows Scheduler?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 25 01:08:31 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 07:41 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Jason Haar wrote:
> | Hi there
> |
> | I am looking for ways to "natively" kick off actions
> | on Windows clients  from Unix. I Google'd around
> | and discovered that rpcclient in samba-tng
> | (1999) supported a bunch more options than
> | the current rpcclient does.  Things like adding jobs
> | to the Scheduler, Eventlog listing, start/stop
> | services, etc.
>
> The service control pipe support has been added to
> the 'net rpc service' subcommand  in 3.0.15pre2.
> We never got around (nor has there been any real
> demand) to backporting the other missing rpc client
> calls for things like evently and the scheduler
> service.

I was very tempted recently to add the last piece, the creation of new
services.  But Samba3's RPC parsing code has always given me the willies
(and not just since I started on Samba4), so I never quite got to it.  I
suppose I'll get to adding it to libnet sometime :-)

Jerry:  You said you had an errata for the Samba4 IDL in this area, do
you have a reference for what this was?