Current ideas on kerberos requirements for Samba4

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue May 24 22:25:20 GMT 2005

Andrew Tridgell <tridge at osdl.org> wrote:
> Our typical user profile has changed a lot over the years. These days
> the typical Samba site has no sysadmin. It is installed by doctors,
> teachers and other professionals who are smart in their own field, but
> don't care about the intricacies of how Samba works, they just want it
> to serve files. Typically they have a network of just a few Windows
> PCs in a single realm (though they don't know what a 'realm' is).

  And they will most likely be using pre-packaged software.  As noted
earlier, though, many vendors have problems packaging software that
works.  I've seen vendors ship packages where any attempt to use the
software results in core dumps.  Yet they charge for it, ship it, and
claim it's "stable".

  Alan DeKok.