Heimdal on the samba build farm

Dave Love d.love at dl.ac.uk
Mon May 23 17:27:23 GMT 2005

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> writes:

> There are some interesting self-test failures in there,

Our blasted web proxy won't let me view the relevant results to see if
it's involved, but there's string-to-key test failure on sparc-solaris
which is rather random and I still haven't managed to debug it.  It
seems to be consistent with a given build, but to come and go between
builds with no rhyme or reason.

> For my purposes, it shows that Heimdal is portable enough to propose the
> next step -

For what it's worth:  I assume the sparc-solaris results are for
32-bit builds, but it also works 64-bit (modulo that test failure).
32- and 64-bit Irix, and Tru64 5.1B work with (relatively recent
versions of) the proprietary compilers, and cygwin at least builds.