Solaris 10 zones (was Re: I have a security-sensitive customer...)

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Thu May 19 18:47:17 GMT 2005

  I spoke to one of my Smarter Colleagues[tm], and Samba runs happily
in a Solaris 10 zone, and in a very unscientific test with
a locally mounted filesystem (not a network one!) is faster than
it was on Solaris 9.

  My personal machines have mostly nfs-mounted filesystems underneath
Samba, so they're not a good test site (;-))

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest