Status Update: KDC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 19 00:49:35 GMT 2005

Just a quick note to the list on the KDC status.

We now support the servicePrincipalName mapping table, so we can obtain
tickets for any of the aliases of 'host/', without explicit entries.

I'm working with lha to add userWorkstations support (users may only log
in from this set of workstations).

Outside the KDC, we have kerberos work todo in making Heimdal safe for
use in a our state machine, as well as the work I'm doing to try and
prove the portability (or otherwise) of the Heimdal codebase by
application of the build farm.