Kerberos and security=user

Mark Proehl m.proehl at science-computing.de
Wed May 18 13:31:42 GMT 2005

Hi Andrew,

I have tested your patch (applied against 3.0.14a) with XP (SP1 and SP2)
in a MIT and a Heimdal realm. It's working perfectly.

By setting "security = ads" and using an unpatched Samba server,
I am able to do Kerberos authentication in an MIT realm in the same
way. What ist the advantage of "security = user" in such an environment?

Will future Samba release include this patch?

Thanks.

Mark