net command: list shares, add share, del share + net options

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 18 10:25:01 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 12:17 +0200, LEOCADIE Grégory wrote:
> Hi,
> in this patch, I have implemented net options in utils/net/net.c by
> using samba3 model.
> I have created a new structure (cli_net_options with its initialisation
> function : cli_net_options_init) that permit to put net options together
> and to use them with the net context.

I would try and avoid short options, particularly at this early stage of
Samba4, because we are going to get nasty collisions unless we think
about it very carefully.

We had a number of these in 3.0, and it never really got sorted out
well.

What I really want to see is these options implemented for your
particular subcommand, and not globally available.  I don't know if popt
is up to this kind of thing or not, but some research into that could
save us a lot of pain...