nmbd diyng with SIGSEGV on Itanium2

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon May 16 22:40:37 GMT 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 02:49:46PM +0200, Miroslav Zubcic wrote:
> Hi people!
>
> I have one serious bug report for samba 3.0.10.
>
> HW: Itanium 2
> System: Red Hat AS 4
> Samba package: 3.0.10-1.4E
>
> I have looked in changelog to see if this was fixed in post 3.0.10
> samba, but I didn't find anything that mentions nmbd(8), so here is
> my bug report.
>
> I'm having problems on 64bit Itanium2 with nmbd. Nmbd is dying after
> exactly 3 days - (if daemon is restarted after 3 days of working) with
> this error in nmbd.log:

Can you log a bug in bugzilla (bugzilla.samba.org) about this please ?
I'd like to see a stack backtrace when compiled with -g (keep symbols)
so I can track this down. There was a bug in this area I believe we
fixed after 3.0.10 (I think it hit on Solaris also). You might want
to try an updated package.

Jeremy.