[Samba] Re: nazi spam in German over list address

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Mon May 16 19:14:16 GMT 2005

On May 16, me at stefan.haischt.name said:

> Basically if re-training your SPAM filter does not help and
> one really wants to get rid of all those junk mails, installing
> a challenge/response system like TMDA behind a statistical
> filter (e.g. DSPAM) would be a possible solution ...

Please don't do this. TDMA and its ilk mean that I get a challenge
email every time someone uses my domain as a forged source
address. And I get a lot of these. About two to three hundred per day,
in fact. And it makes me sufficiently annoyed to want to respond to
the damn things to make sure that the person who set them up gets all
the spam that their system is bouncing at me. Challenge/Response
systems improve life for a select few at the expense of the
email-receiving population at large and I really wish people would
exercise more thought before deploying them.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
"One or more sentences in this post have been over-leavened with sarcasm and/or