nazi spam in German over list address

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun May 15 13:41:36 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 15:00 +0200, Lars Grobe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> whoever is able to unsubscribe addresses from the list: I am currently
> getting lots of spam with nazi content over this mailing list.

Unfortunately we are all to well aware of this problem, but as the long-
standing policy of samba.org lists is to allow public posting, we are
between a rock and a hard place.

This has certainly been one of the more egregious examples, and perhaps
the harder to filter, lacking the HTML and other tell-tail signs of our
regular pill-spam and loan-spam.  It certainly seems that we are not
alone: http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2005-05-15-n27.html

I will remind all list participants of: http://samba.org/samba/ml-
etiquette.html

I'm sorry we can't do much more about this,