Bug 2663 update

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Tue May 10 20:27:31 GMT 2005

"Satwik Hebbar" <satwikh at calsoftinc.com> writes:

> Hi Derrell,
> I finally found the time from my tight project deadlines to make a small  
> python program that you can use to test that the cli_setattrE function  
> doesn't work and that the cli_setatr works for now, but it shouldnt if the  
> time conversions were fixed.


I've taken a look at your patch and the test program you sent.  I see that I
misread your initial message, and that it's cli_setattrE() that does not work
correctly.  libsmbclient currently uses only cli_setatr() which explains why I
have not been able to reproduce the problem that you're reporting.

Unfortunately, changing the functions put_dos_date3() and make_unix_date3() as
you suggest will break lots of other working code (samba server uses those
functions).  I believe, however, that I found a bug that would not be seen in
the samba server but that you might see with your direct calls to
cli_setattrE(), and I'd like you to try the following patch to see if it fixes
your problem.  I see that in the samba server, in parsing an SMBsetattrE PDU,
the code is using different date conversion routines than cli_setattrE() is

Please let me know if this patch solves your problem.  (Note that you should
undo your other time.c and clifile.c changes prior to applying this patch.)
If this doesn't solve the problem, I'll have to look into it further since we
can't do the time function patch that you suggested.



-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: x
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 989 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/attachments/20050510/ad7729de/x.bin

More information about the samba-technical mailing list