Version of Samba ?

Lars Roland lroland at gmail.com
Mon May 9 09:40:38 GMT 2005

On 5/9/05, sci at niro.fr <sci at niro.fr> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I would like to know what is the version of Samba I have to use and
> install on a Solaris 8/Sparc platform for a sharing with a Windows 2000
> server.
> Thanks for your answer,
> yours faithfully.

I use 3.09 - it works well. There really is no idea in using the older
releases of samba (like 2.2). It does however depend on what libs you
have installed (like openldap, krb - these are needed to run in AD
mode).

I had a hard time upgrading these so now I just run version 3 against
the pdc emulator in the AD - this works beautifully and there is no
need for kerberos.

Regards.

Lars Roland