OT: what's the best Apache smb module?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Tue May 3 09:09:16 GMT 2005

Simo Sorce wrote:

>Grab mod_ntlm_winbindd from our lorikeet repository on samba.org

Err - it doesn't appear to be a package? I mean *.in files?

Oh - I also see it's NTLM. Sorry - I was wanting Basic. We have found
(on our Intranet) that NTLM is a PITA even when exclusively using IIS
servers and IE as clients. We're keener on good old Basic-over-HTTPS.
Proxy-friendly too, and easier for users to change auth details if they
want to.

Thanks!

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417