const religion

Thu Mar 31 07:47:28 GMT 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 07:26:44PM -0500, derrell at samba.org wrote:
> I've looked at discard_const_p() in samba4.  It appears to just cast to void*
> and then to the appropriate type.  I take it you use this only when there's a
> const warning due to function parameter definitions beyond your control?  That

Correct. I did think about pulling that over from 4 to 3 may times, but got
distracted every time. I think that discard_const_p is a good idea.

We're currently talking about gcc only, right? When you for example look at the
AIX or IRIX compilers, they complain bitterly about signed/unsigned conversion.
Another can of worms.

Volker