login scripts

c.maxwell at a-r-m.com.au c.maxwell at a-r-m.com.au
Thu Mar 31 01:11:14 GMT 2005

It's in the man page, as well as being a non-samba-technical question
(correct me if I'm wrong...)

Use something like this in your smb.conf:

    logon script = %G.bat

Where %G = primary group name of the user, so assuming that your primary
group memberships are along the lines of what you describe, you create
two login scripts, mmsgroup.bat and users.bat and put them in the folder
that corresponds to your 'logon path' variable in your smb.conf

-CM