directory change notification patch

Mark Weaver mark-clist at npsl.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 10:01:54 GMT 2005

> I've reviewed it *very* crefully, and wrote sume test code to reproduce
> the races. His fix (in sys_select) is correct, the fix in sys_select_intr
> is a little overkill (IMHO) so I've trimmed down the paranoia a little.

This looks good to me.  You are correct in that my original changes to
sys_select_intr were overkill: they went zeroing fd_sets that were then
reinitialised on the next loop.  (I had basically copied all of the code
out of sys_select minus the read pipe without thinking through the
implications properly).

> Yes, he (and you) are correct in the EINTR must have a higher priority
> than incoming data, otherwise an active client could starve asynchronous
> processing.

This makes sense -- I hadn't thought about that.

Thanks,

Mark