my first checkin

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Mon Mar 28 22:03:22 GMT 2005

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> writes:

> trunk/			risky, experiemental changes
> SAMBA_3_0/		stable development tree
> SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE/	staging area for release
>
> You should check your code into SAMBA_3_0 and trunk.  Use
> trunk if you need to spend some time working things out
> and the bring them back to SAMBA_3_0.

Do SAMBA_3_0 changes also end up in trunk?  i.e. if I (and others) have
checked a bunch of stuff into SAMBA_3_0 and I want to work on something that
shouldn't yet go into SAMBA_3_0 (so I'd be using trunk) how do I ensure that
I'm starting with a working SAMBA_3_0 tree to then be checked into trunk with
my changes?

Derrell