my first checkin

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Mon Mar 28 21:43:48 GMT 2005

derrell at samba.org writes:

> I've made my first check-in to the 3_0 tree.  Would you please confirm that
> I did the right thing in the right place.  I don't want to be screwing
> things up too badly on my first day. :-)

Argh.  I think I screwed up (already).  I checked my stuff in to SAMBA_3_0,
which appears to be the RELEASED branch, whereas SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE appears to
be the NOT YET RELEASED branch.  Is that right?  I think I understand
correctly that _RELEASE mean "NOT RELEASED", right?  Sigh.

How is SAMBA_3_0{,_RELEASE} used and manipulated vs. TRUNK?  I checked my
stuff into SAMBA_3_0.  Assuming I had checked it into SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE (and
assuming that RELEASE means NOT YET RELEASED), does that get propagated to
TRUNK somehow?  Should I check into TRUNK instead?  In addition?  I'm just
trying to get organized here to be able to best work with the code.

How do I un-checkin a previous checkin, before someone retrieves the released
code and finds something there that wasn't in the binary? :-(

Cheers,

Derrell