win2003 explorer & file rename problem with 3.0.12

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Fri Mar 25 05:09:45 GMT 2005

Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

> Jeremy Allison wrote:
> I'm shure that I compiles samba with acl support.
> spec is attached to make you shure too ;-)

Looks like I have no libacl installed on this server. Sorry.
This is upgrade issue from SLES8 to SLES9, imho.
I'll recompile samba and hope all will be OK.

> btw, I don't know why samba have to be compiled with acl support to
> correctly handle permissions,
> imho acl support is for changing acls, another access control is done
> on OS kernel level...

AFAIR, this worked as I wrote some versions ago, may be this have to be
noted in docs that samba have to be compiled with acls support to
correctly handle acls?

Thank you!