Samba 3 connect to openldap and mit kerberos

Jeff Block jblock at mrsc.ucsf.edu
Fri Mar 25 00:55:20 GMT 2005

Forgive me if this topic has already been posted, but I couldn't find it.

I would like to bind a samba 3 server to an ldap/kerberos server.  I have
built in ldap and kerberos support so that I can use the security=ads
feature.  I don't have an actual AD infrastructure and I'm curious if I can
use the ldap/kerb features of samba without AD.  I have user info in ldap
and passwords in kerberos.

Can I have samba use these DB's on the backend?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Block
Programmer / Analyst
Radiology Research Computing