Proposing Code Domation to Samba -> Incl ability to remote start Win program from Samba client

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Mar 23 19:25:17 GMT 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:09:42 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> All you have to do is to copy the psexec.exe to the
>admin$ share (if not there)

Due to the licensing required for psexec.exe, I would either suggest using the
one from the Windows RK (no idea about the license here), or simply do one as
part of the Samba project. In the latter case, deliver it across to the Windows
box just like psexec does.

>The main point this bring up again is the need for an librpc.so
>library again.

In order for it to exist at all, or to exist outside of the 'net' executable?

>If you are interested, I can put you on the right track.

Sure, based on a totally open source solution, give us a push in that
direction. I will get someone to work on the code as soon as resources free up.

Thanks!

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/