Proposing Code Domation to Samba -> Incl ability to remote start Win program from Samba client

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Mar 23 16:26:20 GMT 2005

I need to have the ability for a Samba client running on Linux to send the correct SMB over to a Windows box to have it start a process over there. SysInternals has developed such an add-on
(PsExec.exe) for Win32, and MS has one in the resource kit. As far as I can tell, this functionality has not been put into the Samba project. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

So as to have the Samba team like the effort donated, I wanted to get some feed back about what part of the Samba project this best fits into, maybe suggested command line syntax. As well, do we turn
in the effort as a diff against a specific build of Samba to get it merged into the Samba project? As well any suggestions for getting the desired result... are we forced to sniff PsExec working on
the wire, or is there a different method used by the Samba team to cook up equiv functions to what exists in the Win32 world.

TIA!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems