Missing libnss_winbind.so File

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 21 22:42:59 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 12:56 -0800, JP wrote:
> Hey All--
>
> I just recently compiled Samba 3.0.12 and it appears that I
> am missing libnss_winbind.so.  I compiled it with the following options:
>
> --with-winbind
> --with-winbind-auth-challenge

This option does not exist in Samba 3.0 (it was a 2.2 only hack).

> --with-pam
>
> Any suggestions on how/why this file didn't show up and how to get it compiled?

If you had to specify --with-winbind for winbind to be built, then your
system lacks NSS, or at least the development headers required for
building an NSS module.  The configure test keys building nss_winbindd
off that (and some static supported OS lists, I think).

What OS is this?