file size parsed/passed incorrectly/incompletely in cli_qpathinfo*()

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
Wed Mar 16 18:16:31 GMT 2005

Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:07:26PM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>>
>> Not even sure size_t ever was the traditional. For as long as I can see in
>> the history of UNIX off_t as been "the" type for file sizes and positions,
>> and size_t the size of I/O buffers etc. Before that long resp int appears
>> to have been used for the purpose.
>
> Yeah you're right. I think it was just a bug introduced when we
> created that library. I vaguely remember it being my fault.... :-).

No need to kick yourself. :-) I've already fixed it, for all of the attribute
functions.  (There are still numerous uses of size_t which I didn't change.
They may or may not be appropriate.)  The patch will be provided after I do
some testing, probably later today or tomorrow.

I had to make some changes to torture.c for this patch, but I have no idea how
that is used.  I've heard numerous references to a torture test, but have never
run it.  smbtorture (which I presume to be the executable that runs it) does
not seem to built by a simple "make".  Is this something I should verify still
works, and if so, how do I use it?

Derrell