Catching more principals in ads_keytab_verify_ticket()

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Sun Mar 13 02:28:59 GMT 2005

Jeremy Allison wrote:

>>>This patch adds these variations to samba managed keytabs:
>>><global_myname())>.<REALM>@REALM that Michael Brown noticed
>>>and
>>><global_myname())>.<realm>@REALM that I'm seeing from Enterprise 2003
>>>Native mode for out-of-realm dns domains.

My Enterprise 2003 AD KDC started upcasing the first letter of the host
name.
Adding this variation to libads/kerberos_keytab.c would add 13
additional entries for a total of 39.
I wouldn't be suprised if I started seeing Host and Cifs.  That would
double the table size to 78 entries.
That seems unreasonable.

This patch adds a global LIST variable to smb.conf allowing an
administrator to specify additional keytab principals in lieu of
patching the source and recompiling.  Suppresses duplicate static entries.

 keytab principals = HOST/Lex at NT.LDXNET.COM \
                     cifs/Lex.nt.ldxnet.com at NT.LDXNET.COM \
                     Lex$@NT.LDXNET.COM HOST/LEX at NT.LDXNET.COM

Regards, Doug